Stellar is following guidelines as per LEED, Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design, developed by U.S Green Building Council. LEED Green Building Rating System is a nationally and internationally accepted benchmark for the design, construction and operation of high performance green buildings. LEED promotes a whole-building approach to sustainability by recognizing performance in the following five key areas:
- Sustainable site development
- Water savings
- Energy efficiency
- Materials selection
- Indoor environmental quality
One of our project, Stellar Business IT Park has been awarded LEED gold rating as per IGBC, (Indian Green Building Council) guidelines. We are making continuous eco-friendly efforts such as:
- Use of eco-friendly building materials such as CLC blocks which are more suited to building purposes than conventional bricks due to low cost and energy efficiency.
- Reduction in water use by use of recycled water through implementation of a storm water management plan which also includes rain water harvesting.
- Optimum glass usage on external faces of the building ensures sufficient natural lighting in the building along with reduced air conditioning load. Saves both-lighting and cooling costs.
- Well-planned car parking with sufficient parking capacity is implemented in our projects. Also, space for cycle parking and preferred car parking for alternative fuel vehicles is provided to reduce emissions.
- STP (Sewage Treatment Plant)has been provided at our projects to recycle the water.
- Use of materials involving recycled materials makes our construction process more sustainable.
This shows STELLAR GROUP is concerned towards environment and is attempting to make an eco-friendly atmosphere. Moreover, the Green Building are long lasting and preferable over conventional buildings due to:
- Efficient use of energy, water and other resources.
- Protection of occupant health and improvement in employee productivity.
- According to Harvard Business review, green building design can increase employee productivity by as much as 15%.
- Green buildings typically involves less maintenance.
- With green buildings, the indoor air quality is improved via natural and healthy materials not containing VOC, Volatile Organic Compound.
- Reduction in waste, pollution and environmental degradation.
The measures taken in our Green Building project helps to achieve these benefits.